Role at a Glance
This entry-level position is primarily responsible producing BIM models and high-quality construction documents for a broad range of healthcare, industrial, commercial, residential, and institutional projects. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop as a Structural Technologist/BIM Modeler while also allowing you to work towards developing a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design. This role can lead to future opportunities and advancement within the company as candidates grow, develop competencies, and demonstrate abilities and career ambitions.
**This role is open to applicants interested in working at our Hamilton or Toronto offices**
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are eager to learn and willing to invest in self-development.
- You have passion for design, construction, and BIM technology.
- You take pride in the quality of your work with a passionate attention-to-detail.
- You have a motivated work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- You embrace new challenges, out of the box thinking, and working with great people.
What You Will Do
- Work under the guidance and supervision of experienced engineers and technologists.
- Create structural BIM models and drawing sets.
- Generate accurate structural plans and details using knowledge of construction techniques, record drawings, drawing mark-ups, and instructions provided by architects and engineers
- Coordinate with other disciplines and team members, including in-house integrated teams and external consultants.
- Deliver work to high quality standards and meet project deadlines.
- Solve design and construction problems.
- Take ownership of your own work – accuracy, quality, deadlines, and communication.
What You Bring to the Table
- Recently graduated or soon to be graduated with Architecture/Construction or Civil Engineering Technology diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in BIM modelling or drafting of structural engineering projects.
- Excellent working knowledge of structural drafting with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of Ontario/Canadian building construction and basic building systems.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and meet strict deadlines.
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require any accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Technologist/Designer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Some College
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada