Structural Engineering Intern (EIT)
Role at a Glance
This entry-level position is responsible for structural engineering design for buildings and other structures, which will include working with Structural analysis and design software, building codes and design standards, as well as Revit. You will work under the supervision of a Senior Structural Engineer and in collaboration with other disciplines as part of an integrated project team.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop your engineering design and problem-solving skills as you begin your career journey towards a Structural Engineer, while helping you develop a unique skill set as an expert in integrated design.
**This role is open to applicants interested in working at our Hamilton or Toronto offices**
You’ll Love This Role If
- You are interested in growing your skills and abilities in an interdisciplinary environment.
- You get the importance of paying attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- You take pride in the quality of your work with a passionate attention-to-detail.
- You have a motivated work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- You embrace new challenges, out of the box thinking, and working with great people.
What You Will Do
- Solve simple and complex design problems leveraging your structural engineering knowledge and experience.
- Perform structural analysis calculations using software, design codes and other tools.
- Assist our team of experienced technologists to prepare structural drawing packages.
- Co-ordinate the structural work with other design disciplines involved in each project.
- Assist with investigative engineering work and site visits.
- Offer thoughtful design solutions for straightforward and complex design challenges for a diverse clientele base.
- Work directly with the internal and external clients, under guidance as required.
What You Bring to the Table
- Recently graduated or soon to be graduated from Bachelor’s degree program in Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering, Master’s degree in structural engineering is an asset.
- Eligible to be licensed with the PEO after meeting experience requirements.
- Prior work experience, including co-op/internship experience in an engineering consulting firm is an asset
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced team environment
- Experience with SAP, ETABS, Safe, Risa, S-frame, Revit, software is an asset
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Eager to learn and take on new challenges.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and meet strict deadlines.
Life at WalterFedy
We are a people-first organization that embraces a hybrid work strategy. This approach gives our team the autonomy and flexibility to choose what work environment mix is best for them based on their role, team, clients, and personal needs.
As an innovative multi-discipline design and construction collective, our ambition goes beyond great design – we are here to enhance the world around us. To make it happen, we need a team of agile, ambitious, and big-picture thinkers who share our drive to harness our collective talents to do something bigger.
Our team is made up of the industry's best. We share a common commitment to questioning the ordinary, infusing everything we do with creativity, and challenging our industry to redefine what’s possible.
Join us as we move past working for a living, and toward building better communities with smart, influential design.
How to Apply
WalterFedy strives to create a culture of inclusivity and diversity. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those from groups traditionally underrepresented in the workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity hiring practice and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, creed, national origin, citizenship, status, age, sex, gender identity/expression, marital or domestic partnership status, or disability.
Should you require any accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call 519-576-2150.
Thank you for your interest in WalterFedy!
- Job Family Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Toronto, ON, Canada