Challenge Course and Initiatives Team Lead
We are currently looking for a Challenge Course and Initiatives Team Lead to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario. Under the direction of the Camp Director and Assistant Director, the Challenge Course and Initiatives Team Lead is responsible for all challenge course activities at John Island Camp. This includes the initiatives program the low challenge course elements, the high challenge course elements and the climbing wall. Additionally, the Challenge Course and Initiatives Team Lead will work in collaboration with other Team Leads to supervise and provide support to counsellors.
START DATE: May 6, 2024 - September 2, 2024
LOCATION: Spanish, ON
RATE OF PAY: TBD
HOURS: 40 per week
- Responsible for all development, training of staff, and delivery of all John Island Camp challenge course program delivery, including but not limited to, all high ropes elements, low ropes elements, initiatives, and climbing wall.
- Safety and supervision of program area
- Collaborating with the Camp Director in the development, review and updating of all Local Operating Procedures
- Developing relationships with third party organizations to ensure all equipment and elements are operating appropriately and safely
- Oversees all counsellors and providing adequate training, ongoing support, feedback and evaluations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing staff training sessions during Staff Training Week and throughout the summer and providing midseason and end of season evaluations and additional feedback as required
- Facilitating programs during individual choice programs
- Daily and monthly inspections of all challenge course equipment and elements
- Experience or education in adventure programming or challenge course and climbing wall operations
- Experience training staff with challenge course related skills and group facilitation
- Skills in risk management associated with challenge course and climbing wall operations
- Skills in facilitation and instruction of participants relating to challenge course and climbing wall operations
- Knowledgeable in areas of challenge course and climbing wall safety, rescues and life safety systems
- Ability to facilitate staff training sessions for all staff
- Bilingualism in both official languages an asset
- Current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, please apply, by website only, with a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Personnel Committee.
- Pay Type Salary
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada
- Spanish, ON P0P 2A0, Canada