Nature & Landsports Team Lead
We are currently looking for a Nature & Landsports Team Lead to join our team of committed professionals. This full-time contract position within the Association is housed at the YMCA of Northeastern Ontario’s John Island Camp location in Spanish, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Camp Director and Assistant Director, the Nature & Landsports Team Lead is responsible for program planning and delivery in their focus areas to ensure participant satisfaction. The Nature & Landsports Team Lead oversees and supports counsellors. They are responsible for developing, implementing, coordinating, and supporting programs to ensure a camper-oriented focus. The ideal candidate for this position is dynamic, able to work as part of a progressive team, enjoys working with children and who is capable of managing multiple tasks. Additionally, the Nature & Landsports Team Lead will work in collaboration with other Team Leads to supervise and provide support to Counsellors.
START DATE: May 6, 2024 - September 2, 2024
LOCATION: Spanish, ON
RATE OF PAY: TBD
HOURS: 40 per week
- Development, training of staff, and delivery of all John Island Camp Nature & Landsports programming
- Safety and supervision of program areas
- Responsible for working with the Camp Director and Assistant Director in the development, review and updating of all Local Operating Procedures
- Responsible for working with the Camp Director and Assistant Director to ensure all equipment and gear are operating appropriately and safely to the manner in which they are meant to be used
- Oversees all counsellors and providing adequate training, ongoing support, feedback and evaluations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing staff training sessions during Staff Training Week and throughout the summer and providing midseason and end of season evaluations and additional feedback as required
- Facilitating programs during individual choice programs
- Experience or education in sports & recreation programming, outdoor skills, and nature knowledge.
- Experience training staff with program related skills and group facilitation.
- Skills in risk management associated with sports and recreation.
- Skills in facilitation and instruction of participants relating to nature knowledge, sports and recreation.
- Knowledgeable in areas of flora, fauna, sports & recreation programming
- Ability to facilitate staff training sessions for all staff
- Bilingualism in both official languages an asset
- Current and satisfactory Police Record with Vulnerable Sector Check
If you would like to work in a family friendly environment, please apply, by website only, with a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Personnel Committee.
- Pay Type Salary
- Greater Sudbury, ON, Canada
- Spanish, ON P0P 2A0, Canada