Warehouse Associate - Kitchener
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
Join our Warehouse team in Kitchener, ON!
Now hiring FULL-TIME Warehouse Associates for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies!
- Flexible to either: Afternoon shift, 6:00pm - 2:30am; or Day shift 7:00am - 3:30pm
What it’s all about:
This position requires a dedicated individual who thrives in a physically demanding and challenging role. The Warehouse Associate will be responsible for meeting daily standards while performing a variety of different functions within the warehouse. Following all safety standards, high performance and ensuring customer satisfaction will all be required to be successful in this role.
What we offer you:
- $21.63 /hour to start
- Shift premiums and freezer premium - earn an additional $2.00/hour (if applicable)
- Competitive compensation package - earn up to $25.00/hour!
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits (Vision Care, Health & Dental, Paramedical)
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefits
- Family-oriented culture
- Dayforce Now Wallet. Easy access to money earned!
Your key accountabilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Operating an End Rider, with the potential to be cross-trained on Reach Truck and Lift Truck
- Order picking and selecting in all climates (dry, cooler, freezer)
- Safekeeping of company equipment and product, maintain safety of yourself and those around you;
- End-of-day task follow up
- A willingness to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must adhere to all HACCP and Food Handling practices
- Previous experience and/or training within a warehouse environment
- Material Handling Equipment considered an asset
- Understanding of WHMIS, food safety, proper lifting techniques
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs of product repetitively and enjoy an active career
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude, team player, with a track record in customer service excellence
- Must have a flexible schedule with a flexible end time, dependent on workload - must be able to work Overtime, Statutory and Civic Holidays
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kitchener, ON, Canada