Flanagan Foodservice Warehouse Associate - Whitby Days (Part-Time)
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
Position Title: Warehouse Associate
Position Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Shift: Sundays and Fridays (6:00am to 2:30pm)
- In this position, your day will consist of operating an end rider to travel through the warehouse picking customer orders and preparing them for shipment, ensuring food safety and the accuracy of the orders for customer service excellence.
- Safely operate an end rider, including pre-shift and post-shift equipment check;
- Lifting and loading food and other products onto pallets (up to 80 lbs);
- Accurately selecting products using a computerized inventory system;
- Scanning and placing labels on product and building pallet based on sequence;
- Preparing pallets for shipping to our customers;
- Working in a variety of temperature zones from dry (20 degrees) to freezer (-20 degrees Celsius);
- Daily housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in a past paced, physically demanding environment - lifting (from 10 to 80 lbs);
- Good communication skills (reading and writing) and strong customer service mentality;
- Ability to work in multiple environments including colder climates - refrigerated and freezer areas;
- A good attitude, with the ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Must demonstrate a proven record of consistent on-time attendance
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred
- Ability to work in multiple environments including colder climates - refrigerated and freezer areas
- Ability to work in a past paced, physically demanding environment - lifting (from 10 to 80 lbs)
- Adherence to all Health & Safety, Food Safety and WHMIS practices
- Safely operate an end rider, including pre-shift and post-shift equipment check
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Whitby, ON, Canada