We are the premier foodservice distributor in Ontario. Flanagan's provides customized foodservice delivery to a varied portfolio of clients; from restaurants to schools, hospitals and retirement homes, we provide the best quality ingredients to ensure Canadians have an amazing food experience wherever they dine tonight!
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
We are now hiring a Software Developer in Kitchener!
The Software Developer has an active role as the technical resource for multi-departmental projects creating solutions that meet business needs relating to architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance. This position is responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
Schedule Details: Monday – Friday
- Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with members of the development and technical team.
- Define, design, and implement, multi-tiered object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Perform custom programming as assigned.
- Fix defects and add features to software.
- Debug and test software implementation.
- Development of functional applications that meet the needs of the business.
- Provide design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
- Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in the overall development process.
- Ensure work progress to schedule and keep (internal) customers informed of project the progress.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors affecting the job.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
- Balance the needs of user requests while maintaining system performance, stability, efficiency and structure.
- Critical Break/Fix in a timely manner
- Experience with Coding in C (Pro*C) required.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a software development environment.
- Experience with Oracle Developer and Linux required.
- Experience with Database Development working with Oracle or MS SQL required.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent job experience
- Experience in a technical software development role.
- Experience with MS Office required.
- Experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications in Windows and Linux environments.
- Work experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development.
- Experience in Mobile Development, HTML/XML, Web Frameworks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical members of the organization.
- Understanding of the hardware-software boundary.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Superb writing, content development and editing skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Commitment to Quality Orientation, Ethics and Integrity.
- Creative and Innovative Thinking.
- Recognized Problem-Solving Abilities.
- Accountability and Dependability.
- Research and Analysis.
- Sound decision-making and Judgment.
- Sound Mathematical Reasoning.
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefit
- Family oriented culture
Be Part of the Difference!
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to firstname.lastname@example.org so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Kitchener, ON, Canada