We are the premier foodservice distributor in Ontario. Flanagan's provides customized foodservice delivery to a varied portfolio of clients; from restaurants to schools, hospitals and retirement homes, we provide the best quality ingredients to ensure Canadians have an amazing food experience wherever they dine tonight!
Flanagan Foodservice is Canada’s largest independent foodservice distributor. Proudly Canadian and family owned, we have been serving Ontario for 46 years. We meet our customers' unique needs by delivering value, flexibility and an exceptional customer experience. This mission is made possible by attracting the best talent in the industry and by treating our employees like family. We have been named a winner of the Canada's Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row.
We are now hiring a Maintenance Associate in Kitchener!
As a member of our Maintenance Department, the Maintenance Associate performs maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner for our buildings and facilities in Kitchener. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and Operations Manager, this “hands-on” role requires completing repairs and preventative maintenance of equipment, with the ability to work in a cold environment for short periods of time.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm
- Complete basic electrical and plumbing repairs of Facility, Building, and Warehouse.
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance at the facility including dock doors, racking repairs, etc.
- Rectify issues on a monthly basis including internal sanitation audit items, external premise checks, and workplace inspections.
- Support the facilitation of the recycling program with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Operate Warehouse equipment following training including: Raymond End Rider, Reachtruck, Forklift, Skyjack, and Order Picker
- Participate in HACCP and Joint Health and Safety Committees as needed.
- Analyze and respond safely and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Participate in renovation projects including painting and re-flooring.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs on occasion required.
- Ability to work in cold environment (-20 Fahrenheit) for short periods of time required.
- Comfortable using a computer, and the ability to adapt to new systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and address electrical issues.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Basic Welding experience considered an asset.
- Provide support and perform basic sanitation duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build effective relationship with employees, and meet customer expectations.
- Must be able to remain calm in stressful situations, and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to work the regular schedule.
- Competitive compensation package
- Pension and RRSP plans
- Profit Sharing Program
- Comprehensive Flexible Benefits
- Paid Personal Days and Your Birthday!
- Annual Health & Wellness Benefit
- Family oriented culture
Be part of the Difference!
All employees of Flanagan Foodservice must demonstrate adherence to all HACCP and Food Handling practices as well as all Company’s policies and procedures.
Flanagan Foodservice Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know by submitting your request to email@example.com so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 100 Sasaga Dr, Kitchener, ON N2C 2G7, Canada