Senior Engineering Geologist
Our company is a 50% employee owned, medium sized engineering consultancy firm currently working on career defining national and international projects. We are a diverse group of engineers, geologists and geoscientists collaborating on greenfield and operating mines, and surface water and groundwater projects. In response to our company’s success and continued growth we are seeking to appoint a range of new roles in our Brisbane based office.
Our clients operations are diverse in nature and not suited to the business-as-usual solutions to their challenges. They depend on our teams to listen to their goals and provide a range of options to achieve those goal. Working with our clients we achieve great success both personally and professionally. We support our clients in Papua New Guinea, West Papua/ Indonesia, Africa and throughout Australia from our Brisbane office, and provide support to other KCB offices for projects located in Canada, South America and Europe.
Our projects include tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures, water dams and hydroelectric facilities, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, and operations, and closure. This allows our professionals to gain valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Lead multi-discipline projects by planning, executing and interpreting engineering geological and geotechnical assessments in remote and challenging environments.
- Manage and senior review large scale projects around the world.
- Undertake geotechnical site investigations, and earthworks construction monitoring.
- Support and develop junior staff with technical mentoring, specifically during field work including core and test pit logging, geological mapping and geotechnical instrumentation installation.
- Carry out conceptual to detailed designs for mine infrastructure.
- Mentor employees at all levels.
- Work in a wonderful company culture.
- Travel to interesting project sites.
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering geology
- A post-graduate degree in engineering geology or geotechnical engineering welcomed
- A minimum of 20 years experience
- Working experience in geo hazard site assessments and geotechnical site investigation; geological and geomorphological field mapping; remote sensing techniques applicable to mapping hazardous terrain; ground model development and construction monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Professional registration within an Australian professional body pertinent to your tertiary qualifications.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2023).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane QLD, Australia