KCB Australia Pty Ltd. (KCB) requires a Geospatial Analyst to support the substantial growth of our Geosciences Group in Australasia. The role will see you joining a multi-disciplinary group of well-respected hydrogeologists, geochemists and engineers, servicing clients in mining and non-mining sectors across Australasia, Asia-Pacific and internationally.
This is a position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunities for involvement in a number of world class projects as part of an experienced geosciences team. If you are keen on progressing your career and motivated to develop, please apply today.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with a global team of geospatial scientists
- Support our engineering and geoscience projects with all aspects of geospatial data management and production of geospatial outputs
- Process spatial data according to project requirements
- Develop cartographic outputs for project requirements
- Source required GIS data and compile metadata
- Assist in the maintenance of spatial data management including database compilation, metadata updates, data organization and data clean-up
- Convert, update and review the quality of GIS data and outputs in various formats
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Assist in the digitisation of spatial and non-spatial data
- Help to deliver accessible geospatial data through a variety of platforms including ArcGIS Enterprise
- Develop effective working relationships in a team environment
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or degree qualified in GIS, Geoscience, Geography, or Environmental Science
- Experience creating and updating spatial datasets using ArcGIS
- Experience with the various versions of ArcGIS to assist users with a range of permissions
- Cartographic skills that allow production of high quality, visually-pleasing deliverables from geospatial data
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Database experience such as with Geodatabase, SQL or Microsoft Access would be an asset
- Mobile web applications development experience would be an asset
- Coding to assist various software/data types to be GIS compatible would be an asset.
- Ideal candidates would have 3 or more years of relevant professional geospatial experience
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer time
- Novated leasing
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2023).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane QLD, Australia