Our company is a 50% employee owned, medium sized engineering consultancy firm currently working on career defining national and international projects. We are a diverse group of engineers, geologists and geoscientists collaborating on greenfield and operating mines, and surface water and groundwater projects. In response to our company’s success and continued growth we are seeking to appoint a range of engineering roles in our Brisbane based office.
Our clients operations are diverse in nature and not suited to the business-as-usual solutions to their challenges. They depend on our teams to listen to their goals and provide a range of options to achieve those goal. Working with our clients we achieve great success both personally and professionally. Currently, our clients are located in Fiji, Papua New Guinea, West Papua, Chile, Peru, Canada and throughout Australia.
Our projects include tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures, water dams and hydroelectric facilities, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, and operations, and closure. This allows our professionals to gain valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
We are looking for a motivated Civil Designer to join our growing team based in our Brisbane office. The successful Civil Designer will be part of a team which includes professionals in civil, geotechnical, water, and geology disciplines. The designer’s responsibilities will include the design and documentation of tailings storage facilities, waste rock dumps, haul roads, general civil earthworks and surface water management structures. This role presents a great opportunity for a professional with 4+ years of experience using AutoCad, 12D and/or Civil 3D software.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 4+ years’ experience in civil design and drafting.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad, 12D and/or Civil 3D software.
- Demonstrated mining or land development civil earthworks design and documentation experience.
- A Diploma of Engineering Technology (Civil), Diploma of Civil Engineering (Drafting/Design), Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or similar from a recognised technical institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, and the ability to effectively work autonomously as well as in a team of professionals.
We value your:
- work ethic
- initiative, motivation and drive toward long-term success
- ability to operate autonomously and within group environments
- flexibility in skillsets and experience
- team work and ability to interact with other technical disciplines
- ability to manage multiple tasks and demands running concurrently
- energy and passion
KCB is a globally respected engineering consulting firm with decades of international mine waste experience. We have a large contingent of highly experienced engineers involved in our projects, which provides great benefit to developing professionals as well as to our clients. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, Peru, and Brazil. Our Australasian Group services mining, energy and government clients, with our regional area of operation comprising Australia, the Pacific Rim and Africa, although our Australian staff are constantly involved in project work on a global basis.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package. Candidates with a drive for team oriented project delivery, and who have a desire to develop a long-term career, are especially encouraged to apply. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2023).
If you’re interested in this position we welcome your application.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Job Family Technicians
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane QLD, Australia