Construction Project Engineer
Our company is a 50% employee owned, medium sized engineering consultancy firm currently working on career defining national and international projects. We are a diverse group of engineers, geologists and geoscientists collaborating on greenfield and operating mines, and surface water and groundwater projects. In response to our company’s success and continued growth we are seeking to appoint a range of engineering roles in our Brisbane based office.
Our clients operations are diverse in nature and not suited to the business-as-usual solutions to their challenges. They depend on our teams to listen to their goals and provide a range of options to achieve those goal. Working with our clients we achieve great success both personally and professionally. Currently, our clients are located in Fiji, Papua New Guinea, West Papua, Chile, Peru, Canada and throughout Australia.
Our projects include tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures, water dams and hydroelectric facilities, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, and operations, and closure. This allows our professionals to gain valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
KCB Australia’s Brisbane office is looking for a skilled, Gladstone or Brisbane-based Construction Project Engineer with strong experience in civil and geotechnical engineering, as well as construction management. The successful candidate is one who thrives when working in the field supporting design engineers during construction and operation, enjoys leading and managing project teams, and sustains excellent client relationships.
The Project Engineer will lead a construction team focused on the delivery of construction of a large tailings dam project.
This leadership role will give you the opportunity to:
- Prepare, review and revise construction documents including specifications and contract drawings.
- Provide advice relating to the construction methodology, planning, sequencing, site management, quality management, and other aspects of constructability.
- Oversee the total construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with established design, budget, schedule and quality parameters.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams including project managers, technical consultants, design teams, contractors and construction delivery teams to develop solutions and resolve technical issues.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise field activities.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Monitor and report regularly on project progress.
If you have 7+ years of construction management experience on related mining or civil infrastructure projects, are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Queensland and have a Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- First-hand experience working on the construction of tailings and civil infrastructure projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering design standards, codes, best practice guidelines and technical references.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including experience writing proposals and technical reports.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients.
Our Australian operations work on career defining national and international projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2023).
Are you up to the challenge? Please apply online.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Gladstone QLD, Australia