Are you looking for an opportunity to:
- Have a direct impact on the legacy of mining.
- Solve complex waste management problems faced by the mining industry.
- Work on large tailings impoundments along the East Coast of Australia.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high expectations for quality and technical excellence.
Intrigued? Read on…
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. One of our tag lines “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence;
- appetite to tackle unique, complex problems;
- real access to some of the sectors most amazing talent;
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy);
- our offices in some of the world’s most beautiful locations; and
- interoffice co-operation and opportunities to move around.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognise that making a career choice is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
We are looking for people who want to be part of a highly motivated group that works with clients to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities. We are particularly interested in your ability work with dam design teams.
Our focus is on mine waste and water management and our clients are some of the largest mining companies in the world.
KCB Australia’s Brisbane office is looking for a skilled, Gladstone or Brisbane-based Project Engineer with strong experience in civil and geotechnical engineering, as well as construction management. The successful candidate is one who thrives when working in the field supporting design engineers during construction and operation, enjoys leading and managing project teams, and sustains excellent client relationships.
The Project Engineer will lead a construction team focused on the delivery of construction of a large tailings dam project
This leadership role will give you the opportunity to:
- Prepare, review and revise construction documents including specifications and contract drawings.
- Provide advice relating to the construction methodology, planning, sequencing, site management, quality management, and other aspects of constructability.
- Oversee the total construction effort to ensure projects are constructed in accordance with established design, budget, schedule and quality parameters.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams including project managers, technical consultants, design teams, contractors and construction delivery teams to develop solutions and resolve technical issues.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise field activities.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Monitor and report regularly on project progress.
If you have 5 to 10 years of construction management experience on related mining or civil infrastructure projects, are registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Queensland and have a Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- First-hand experience working on the construction of tailings and civil infrastructure projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering design standards, codes, best practice guidelines and technical references.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including experience writing proposals and technical reports.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients.
Our Australian operations work on career defining national and international projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2023).
Are you up to the challenge? Please apply online.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane QLD, Australia
- Gladstone QLD, Australia