KCB Australia is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resource sector and we have an opportunity for a Groundwater Modeller to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team. If you share our passion, please apply.
As a Groundwater Modeller at KCB, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale, world-class projects. KCB’s continued growth will allow you to challenge and grow your groundwater modelling skills while working with an experienced hydrogeology team. This technical role will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality geoscience and engineering services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work internationally and across Australia in mining, closure, government, and non-mining projects;
- Work on groundwater modelling aspects of projects using a variety of software platforms, finite element, finite difference, and analytical tools;
- Expand multiphase modelling capability within the group;
- Assist in GIS and spatial data management;
- Accelerate your career and develop complementing skills in modelling and data management within a strong and industry-recognised organisation;
- Learn from experienced modellers and hydrogeologists as they grow their modelling skillset, whilst sharing your knowledge with up and coming water professionals;
- Collaborate with a team of experienced specialist geoscientists in a variety of projects;
- Contribute to providing clients with solutions to in a range of projects, often as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business; and
- Work in a wonderful smaller company culture
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- 7 or more years of relevant groundwater modelling experience, or the equivalent of education and practical experience;
- A minimum bachelor’s degree which includes geology, preferably post-graduate qualifications in hydrogeology and groundwater modelling;
- Groundwater modelling experience, ideally with finite element and finite difference experience, as well as calibration, verification and presentation and discussion of results;
- Experience in using analytical flow approaches;
- Experience in contaminant transport modelling would be an asset;
- Background in geological modelling would be an asset as would database and spreadsheet skills, and code writing (Python and others);
- Knowledge and experience with Australian and international regulations and guidelines;
- Good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals;
- Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset; and
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Parental leave
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
Our Brisbane Geoscience team is highly experienced in hydrogeology and is best measured by its actual experience – projects and years of practice, with over 350 years of collective experience, an average experience of 14 years and ten professionally accredited practitioners within formal professional competency programs. We place very high regard on ongoing professional and technical development, committing to and support of industry technical bodies, and delivery of training and mentoring programs for all staff.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Hourly
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia