Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is looking for a Senior Civil/Hydrotechnical Engineer with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience to join our diverse Power and Transportation team in Vancouver, BC.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized and accountable individual who is good at communicating technical topics, both spoken and written, and is driven to provide high-quality engineering services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic company of motivated professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services;
- Work on a range of interesting projects, involving design of hydraulic structures, hydrology, flow modeling, drainage management, flood protection, power and energy studies, dam safety reviews and assessments;
- Manage and lead multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects, for various clients;
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines on project teams;
- Carry out site investigations and manage projects in construction;
- Apply your knowledge to challenging hydrotechnical and civil engineering projects; and
- Travel within BC, Canada, and occasionally International
As a Senior Civil/Hydrotechnical Engineer, you have a firm grasp on the main aspects of hydrotechnical engineering concepts and understand how those interact with other engineering disciplines. We value your:
- High-quality verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in project management and successful completion of engineering projects;
- Demonstrated experience in engineering practice, knowledge of modelling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC- HMS, Flow-3D, and proficiency in civil/hydrotechnical calculations and use of the MS Office suite of products;
- Ability to think critically on engineering problems and to be innovative;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Interest in mentoring and developing junior and intermediate staff; and
- Willingness to travel to remote sites, if required.
Mandatory requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in hydrotechnical or civil engineering
- Minimum of 10+ years related experience
- Registration as Professional Engineer in BC, or the ability to register (existing registration as a P.E. in any states in the U.S.A would be a benefit)
The salary for this position is $115,000 to $150,000/year. Salary is based on applicable experience, education, and skill level. In addition to salary total rewards includes:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and sick days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, geotechnical, oil sands, oil and gas, environmental and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading geotechnical consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include geotechnical, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and environmental engineering.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. We thank all candidates for applying however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé.
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X3, Canada