Senior Civil/Water Resources Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Senior Civil/Water Resources Engineer to help drive our business forward and take on challenging projects. In this role, you will join a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, hydrogeologist, and environmental scientists, managing project teams and developing designs from concept through construction. You will bring in and execute water resources engineering, river engineering, water storage, mine water and stormwater management, and irrigation projects in the infrastructure, municipal, hydropower, oil sands and mining, sectors. Our ideal candidate has strong hydrotechnical skills, is curious and is eager to learn, and is interested to mentor and develop junior staff.
This role will give you the opportunity to help us grow the award-winning Infrastructure group in Alberta and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client representatives, and a sense of fun.
Objectives of this Role:
- Step into a technical project management role and develop leadership and team management skills.
- Learn from talented and experienced senior staff and advance your career, while mentoring and developing junior staff at the same time.
- Develop client relationships by working closely with them and supporting them through project phases.
- Actively participate in business development and planning.
- Manage time and resources to run multiple small projects (< $50,000 in consulting fees) and the skills to take on large projects (>$100,000 in consulting fees) as the opportunities become available.
- At the end of the first year, the candidate should be managing multiple projects and project teams, should have learned new technical skills through on-the-job training, should be helping the group manager and team leads to manage the allocation of resources and have worked on at least one proposal.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Manage execution and timely completion of projects by tracking project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Formulate designs and detailed calculations, prepare reports and drawings, project specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Delegate design, calculations, reporting and other activities to junior staff and be responsible for the work.
- Build technical skills through continued professional development, on-the-job training, and involvement in technical societies and associations.
Required skills and Qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of related project in experience in Water Resources Engineering.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English including your demonstrated capabilities in writing proposals, technical reports, and construction specifications.
- Be registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, water resources, transportation, and oil and gas sectors from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, the US and the UK.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 145-A23.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hopewell Place, 500 - 2618 Hopewell Place NE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada