Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Relocate to Vancouver, Canada, the world’s 2nd most livable city?
- Leave a positive impact on the environment and communities?
- Continue your development through mentorship and conferences?
- Solve some of the most complex problems faced by the mining industry?
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high expectations for quality and technical excellence?
What makes us stand out?
Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms, we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- our appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- our creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- our size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
- everyone maintains a technical focus
What you would engage in:
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water. If continuing your career journey with us, you would be part of our Mining Environmental Group, based out our Vancouver office. The role of Senior Geotechnical Engineer comes with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule and will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Collaborate within multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of mine waste projects;
- Lead teams focused on civil / geotechnical designs or ground hazards;
- Participate in dam safety inspections, reviews, or the development of dam safety systems;
- Develop and mentor others in geotechnical design, quality assurance, and client leadership;
- Deliver high-quality interpretation of engineering geology;
- Build and sustain excellent client relationships.
What we require:
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. We do however require the following qualifications:
- A degree in Civil or Geotechnical engineering, with a track record of continued development.
- At least ten years’ experience in geotechnical engineering including four or more related to tailings dams, mine water management.
- At least two years’ experience leading projects.
- Experience in geohazard engineering, assessments, investigations, design, tendering and constriction administration.
- Working knowledge of geotechnical software packages including PLAXIS, FLAC, and SLOPE/W.
- Eligibility to become professionally registered in Canada.
- An ability to build relationships with multidisciplinary project-based teams.
- Experience in a safety focused environment with near miss and incident reporting requirements
In addition to the must have requirements you will excel in the role if you have the following:
- An ability to find creative solutions and know how to present them.
- A willingness to mentor others and be mentored.
- An ability to build rapport with clients, colleagues, and industry partners.
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems.
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
The salary for this position is $100,000 to $155,000/year. Salary is based on applicable experience, education, and skill level. In addition to salary total rewards includes:
- Immigration support
- Hybrid work opportunities
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
Vancouver Offers it All:
- 3rd Greenest city in the world Vancouver's Economy
- 2nd Most livable city in the world, #1 for quality of life in North America The Lifestyle
- At your doorstep…Mountains, Ocean, & Forest Destination Vancouver
- Elite post-secondary opportunities, UBC ranked #1 in the province, #2 of 101 in Canada, #33 of 14,131 in the world
- Job Family Engineers
- Job Function Civil Engineer
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 40
- 2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X3, Canada