Civil Earthworks - Project Manager
CIVIL EARTHWORKS - PROJECT MANAGER
Are you passionate about the environment?
Do you want to make a difference?
This position will allow you to leave a positive impact on the environment, while developing your critical thinking skills.
KCB offers consulting services in the Infrastructure, Water and Wastewater, Industrial, and Earth and Environment sectors. We value our people, our communities, and our history and look forward to continuing our steady growth.
What makes us stand out?
Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. KCB is a leading engineering, geoscience, and environmental consulting firm.
What sets us apart? Our technical professionals thrive on problem solving and applying their technical knowhow to unique challenges.
In broad terms, we think KCB’s primary differentiators are our:
- global reputation for technical excellence
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
As an organization, KCB has earned the following recognitions:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
- Canada's safety Employer Award
What you would engage in:
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water. By continuing your career journey with us you would be part of our Mining Environmental Group based in our Ontario operations (we have offices in Sudbury and Toronto). The role of Civil Earthworks – Project Manager comes with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule that provides the benefits of in-person interactions on your office days combined with the flexibility of non-office days. This combination will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Lead civil earthwork scopes and multidisciplinary projects for tailing storage facilities
- Engage with clients, colleagues and suppliers on environmentally focused field programs and design solutions
- Develop effective partnerships and communication with stakeholders
- Liaise with other project managers
- Proactively monitor scope, budget, schedule, and risk metrics
- Support staff through the methodologies of project management and earthwork design solutions
- Be part of a team that develops projects from feasibility through to mine closure phases
- Expand your knowledge by attending conferences and training (internal and external)
What we are looking for:
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. For this role we would expect you to have:
- A degree in civil engineering, with a track record of continued development, and eligibility to register as professional engineer in Ontario
- Minimum ten years’ experience in civil earthworks projects
- Experience working with clients, stakeholders, and managing project teams while being able to build relationships with multidisciplinary project-based teams
- Experience developing civil earthworks projects including communication plans, and work breakdown structures
- Experience monitoring project schedules, costs, quality for industrial earthwork projects
- Knowledge of specifications and drawings to determine scopes of work and required contents of proposal estimates
- Experience in a safety focused environment with near miss and incident reporting requirements
- Previous exposure to Oracle Primavera P6
In addition, you will do well in the role if you have:
- An ability to find and present creative solutions
- A willingness to mentor others and be mentored
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- Professional Services Management Journal (PSMJ) supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid Overtime, and sick days
- Flexible benefits, including Register Saving Plan, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global Environmental Social Governance standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 40
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1361 Paris Street, Unit 101, 1361 Paris Street, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada