Senior Structural Engineer
Our Australian water dam and hydro business is growing, and the KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) team is looking for a senior structural engineer to be part of this journey and help lead the growth of our business.
We see the ideal candidate as someone who is a highly skilled, motivated structural engineering professional interested in working on technically inspiring projects from concept to completion and who excel at working within multi-disciplinary project teams.
Our projects include water dam and hydroelectric projects, tailings and waste storage facilities, water management structures, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from green field studies, feasibility, site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance, and closure. This allows our professionals to challenge themselves while gaining valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
This position will be working as part of the Power and Transportation (P&T) Group. Types of projects may involve owners engineering roles, rehabilitation of existing dams and hydropower facilities, design of new hydropower and pumped hydro facilities, pump stations, and civil works design on other water resource projects. The successful candidate for this role will be based in Australia but work closely with our P&T Group unit in Canada. The role will require cross-office collaboration to deliver projects.
We offer unparalleled career growth for the right individual in a dynamic growing company committed to high quality engineering and excellence.
At KCB you will have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set with a combination of field and office engineering assignments and become part of a small but growing integrated group of senior and intermediate engineers and scientists.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with diverse teams across our offices of multidiscipline engineers, designers and drafters from preliminary investigations and conceptual design through preliminary design, final design, and construction
- manage projects and be responsible for completion on schedule and financial performance
- work collaboratively with our structural team in Australia and Canada. As the Australia team grows, act as a mentor to junior / intermediate staff
- write, compile, and review technical reports and fee proposals to clients
- act as a technical resource within a multidisciplinary project team that fosters career development
- visit project sites, as required to gather information to contribute to engineering activities
- travel within Australia and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Professional designation of Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland or eligibility to apply within the year
- Technical aptitude, knowledge and experience in the field and on design teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills, with demonstrated report writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Experience using analytical computational tools such as SAP2000, MIDAS, Staad Pro, Abaqus, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, etc.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, and Mathcad, Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrates initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Working knowledge in one or several of the following areas:
- concrete dam design
- roller compacted concrete design
- spillway and intake design
- penstock and/or lined tunnel design
- ANCOLD guidelines and regulations
- dam safety reviews and assessment of compliance with typical practice and regulatory requirements
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- Working for an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022)
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional registration support
- Training and development opportunities
- Novated leasing (vehicle)
- Parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
We are a global organisation committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Hourly
- 150 Mary St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia