Recreation Attendant-Part-Time Term (August 14, 2023 – March 31, 2024)
Community and Protective Services
Internal | External
Competition No. CS-23-19
Join our team!
The City of Wetaskiwin
Wetaskiwin is a collaborative and inclusive place where we examine our current state, share ideas for making things better, and turn these ideas into actionable plans; this is the heart of the City's 50-Year Community Vision, and we want you to be part of it!
Located only 35 minutes south of Edmonton and 55 minutes north of Red Deer, the City of Wetaskiwin provides all the amenities and quality of life of an urban-rural centre.
Reporting to the Recreation Facilities Supervisor, the Recreation Attendant is involved in the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and custodial duties of Recreation facilities and sports fields. The Recreation Attendant’s priority is customer service. Duties include performing basic, minor building repairs, routine maintenance, and assisting Facility Operators with duties such as general security of the facility, cleaning and resurfacing ice surfaces, maintenance of equipment, etc. The position requires the ability to perform work under established guidelines, deliver outstanding customer service, address concerns and inquiries promptly — including knowledge of programs, schedules, and general information about the recreation facilities and sports fields.
This opportunity offers the following incentives:
- An additional shift premium for hours worked before 7 a.m. and after 7 p.m. daily.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Provide exceptional customer service with the ability to problem solve and respond to any concerns or issues.
- Communicate effectively with members of the public, users, and other employees.
- Monitor the safety of customers and patrons.
- Perform scheduled facility maintenance and custodial duties.
- Perform and support event/program set-up and tear-down in various facilities.
- Provide manual labour duties related to maintaining ice/equipment and sports fields.
- Complete routine building checks.
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Full cooperation with all aspects of the City’s Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Policy and program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
Education, Qualifications, and Work Experience
- Three (3) months of previous related experience in aquatic, dryland, and ice recreation facility operation.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- First Aid Certification is an asset.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to use power/hand tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures and environmental conditions.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
- Responsible, accountable, and demonstrates integrity.
- Possess a self-starting attitude and the ability to work well independently with little supervision and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and materials up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs.).
- Ability to work shift work including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to provide a Drivers Abstract that demonstrates safe and responsible driving behavior.
- Must be able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector
Application Deadline Details
Application deadline: This job posting will remain open until all positions are filled.
How to Apply: Click the “Apply Now” button below.
Before commencing employment , the successful candidate must provide all necessary certifications and documentation including but not limited to a driver's abstract, and employment related record checks.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.65
- Max Hiring Rate $25.40
- Co-op Place: Twin Arenas, 4513 50 Ave, Wetaskiwin, Alberta, Canada