DIRECTOR OF STUDIES - LASALLE COLLEGE - MONTREAL
LCI Education is a diverse learning community of 12 select higher education institutions with 23 campuses on 5 continents, and 2,000 colleagues involved in educating over 20,000 learners worldwide each year.
LCI Education also provides solutions to workforce challenges with adaptive digital learning options and much more. LCI Education harmonizes its programs from one country to the next, promoting greater flexibility and life-ready learning experiences, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect for the various cultures with which it works. LCI Education has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Reporting to the General Management of LaSalle College, the Director of Studies is passionate about pedagogy, academic excellence and student success. He or she provides unifying and inspiring leadership to the colleagues under his or her management as well as to the entire teaching staff. His or her ambitions for the College are high and the candidate will spare no effort to ensure that the institution's enviable reputation continues to grow. He or she manages collegially, with openness and courage. He or she is an indispensable member of the management team and a key strategic partner.
The Director of Studies is responsible for the overall activities and operations of the Department of Studies, its functioning, optimization, development and outreach.
This leader ensures the implementation, promotion and adherence to the strategic plan in the academic sector. His or her role is to promote a student-centered environment and pedagogy. He or she is also responsible for developing a strategic recruitment plan for regular programs, continuing education and international education. The Director of Studies develops, coordinates and manages all budgets for the academic sector, in collaboration with other managers and with the approval of the Executive Director.
The person sought will support LaSalle College in its educational mission. He or she will continue to implement the success plan and take action to pursue the College's development in terms of pedagogy, research and the implementation of new programs. Concerned with maintaining a study environment and services adapted to the needs of students to promote their success, this person will be challenged to maintain the high success and graduation rates.
- Implementing the strategic plan of LaSalle College;
- Mobilization of the team around the educational project and the success of the students through the realization of the Success Plan;
- Planning, supervising and implementing new programs of study in conjunction with content specialists and our industry partners;
- The application of the College Education Regulations (CER) and the PIEA to manage the life cycle of our programs;
- Institutional policy and program evaluation operations;
- Use of data to conduct analysis to gain knowledge and continually evaluate performance and programs, and recommend and implement improvement projects;
- The development and application of policies and regulations related to academic leadership;
- The quality of the education provided;
- Keeping abreast of external trends concerning training, operational capabilities and continuous improvement, and recommending actions to position LaSalle College favourably;
- Applying departmental regulations for professional training programs;
- Teaching and learning support services;
- Methodological and logistical support for these various teams in order to optimize work methods;
- Presiding over the Studies Committee and ensuring its proper functioning;
- Analysis of program effectiveness, including enrolment, re-enrolment, success and graduation rates;
- Representing the college at professional or public events, participating in promotional and recruitment activities;
- Leading his or her team throughout the employee life cycle (selection, development, evaluation, coaching, etc.);
- Managing the financial (budget preparation, control of operating costs, etc.) and material resources (inventory management, procurement, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department;
- Create a performance-based culture by providing clear direction and proactive leadership.
- Strong ability to think strategically and execute tactically: this includes the use of data-driven decision making and a willingness to buckle down to complete projects;
- Skills in promoting academic success and a student-centered environment and pedagogy;
- Proven commitment to implementing quality assurance processes;
- A well-developed business sense;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management;
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- Written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
- Very strong interpersonal skills; Relevant knowledge of basic management principles and computer systems;
- Professional attitudes and behaviour (teamwork skills, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, initiative, organizational skills, etc.);
- Human leadership and decision making skills;
- Inspiring, motivating and human leader. Ability to make decisions, intervene and lead a high-performing team to achieve excellence in everything they do;
- Excellent stress management and flexibility.
- University education at the Master's level, Bachelor's degree in teaching is an asset;
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a manager in the college or university education environment, corporate training services or other related sector;
- In-depth knowledge of the Quebec education system and the importance of technical programs, pre-university programs and continuing education within the college network;
- Knowledge of international and inter-institutional agreements at the college level as well as at other levels of higher education;
- Experience with digital tools for measurable benefits and modern solutions;
- Bilingualism in English and French.
- International company established for over 60 years;
- Constantly growing network;
- Permanent, full-time position;
- Competitive salary plus bonus program;
- Continuous training program;
- On-site daycare;
- Group insurance, including an Employee Assistance Program and telemedicine;
- Retirement savings plan;
- Health and wellness program (including lunchtime yoga classes);
- Sick days and personal days;
- Company located in downtown Montreal, ideal for public transportation;
- Flexible telecommuting policy;
- Paid parking included.
Do you want to contribute to innovative projects in collaboration with teams from all sectors? Do you dream of working for a Quebec-based company with a global reach? Do you want to join a diversified and human team that looks to the future? What are you waiting for? Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
LCI Education is an equal opportunity employer and members of the following target groups are encouraged to apply: women, person with disabilities, native people, visible minorities and ethnic minorities. If you are an applicant/person with a disability, you can receive assistance with the screening and selection process upon request.
- Grupo de puestos LCI Global
- Tipo de pago Salario
- 1400 Rue du Fort, Montréal, QC H3H 2T1, Canadá