Tiree - Senior Project Manager, Civil Infrastructure
Join Us In Building for the Future
Innovative Solutions. Tailored Approach. Endless Enthusiasm.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will join a team responsible for the planning and delivery of complex civil infrastructure projects with a focus on bridges. You will have the opportunity to work on complex and high-profile projects, ensuring that they are completed on-time, on-budget, and to the highest standards of quality.
What you’ll do:
- Leading the project: define the objectives of the project and take the lead in the development of project life cycle planning documents including project scope, budget and schedule. Demonstrate expert knowledge of complex project planning to ensure effective project integration that account for all asks of the project.
- Establishing the project controls: set up and oversee effective project governance frameworks and control plans for cost management, scheduling, quality, risk and change management. Demonstrate expertise in scope and cost management.
- Leading project reporting activities: ensure effective reporting and tracking activities are established and followed to report on project progress.
- Aligning the project team: chair meetings to ensure alignment on objectives and action items. Where challenges arise, take a lead role in bringing them to successful resolution by leaning on your experience, technical expertise and conflict resolution skills.
- Managing project stakeholders: provide strategic advice and support to our client - and the project teams - in managing relationships, requirements, and reporting for project stakeholder engagement. Establish corresponding communication strategies to facilitate this. Demonstrate expert knowledge in navigating complex project issues that may affect project timelines and manage stakeholder expectations effectively.
- Overseeing contract management activities: Prepare various contract documents for retaining design, construction, advisory, specialty and/or other services (e.g. Terms of Reference, Scope of Work, Supplementary conditions, Evaluation criteria, etc.). Manage the delivery of those contracts and cultivate strong vendor/supplier/contract relationships.
- Mentoring: play an active role in the development of junior staff by providing mentorship support, actively participating in our mentorship program.
What you’ll bring:
- Strong team player with a growth mindset and a passion for what you do!
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) required, with proof of active membership
- 10 years+ experience as a Project Manager supporting construction, design or engineering projects. Previous experience with concrete repairs, bridge repairs and/or design preferred.
- Strong knowledge of project management best practices and a track record of successful delivery. PMP designation is an asset.
- Excellent listening and critical thinking skills, sound judgement.
- Exemplary organizational and strategic thinking skills with the ability to effectively influence others and successfully resolve a variety of client, project, and technical issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office suite, specifically Excel, Word and Project.
- Government of Canada security clearance.
Who we are:
Powered by challenge and collaboration, we bring innovative solutions, a tailored approach, and endless enthusiasm to supporting world-class infrastructure projects across the globe.
We are innovators, problem solvers, and best in class corporate real estate specialists and project management professionals focused on leveraging our collective capabilities to solve defining challenges for our clients.
We foster an environment where people are supported, celebrated, and are empowered to grow, learn, and achieve excellence. Our success is built on a strong foundation that is instilled with a genuine passion for the projects we undertake and their positive impact on shaping our shared environment – getting to work on such projects is an inimitable privilege we don’t take for granted.
We believe, that together, we can make anything happen. When you join our team, that’s what you get. You get to make anything happen.
Careers with us:
Here at Tiree we offer our employees the ability to carve out a career pathway that is unique to each individual and promise to support you by providing the necessary training, tools, and guidance to enable you to succeed. We appreciate you taking the time to apply and are committed to getting back to you in a timely manner and delivering an efficient and enjoyable interview process. For more information on who we are and what makes us a great place to work, feel free to learn more about our culture and services.
- Famille d'emplois Tiree - Project Management
- Type de paie Salaire
- 350 Albert St, Ottawa, ON K1R 1A4, Canada