Technologist, Water Resources Engineering
How you will contribute as part of the TRCA team:
The Technologist, Water Resources Engineering provides technical support, planning, design and coordination to the Water Resources Engineering portfolio. This position participates in TRCA’s Flood Forecasting and Warning Program.
- Responsible for the review and commenting on development applications where there is a focus on water resources engineering. Supports the Water Resources Engineer with internal project designs or consultant reports review.
- Provides review and comments to guide design for routine development and infrastructure applications related to private development concept plans, site plans, zoning amendments, plans of condominium, and erosion and sediment controls.
- Reviews and comments to guide design for routine infrastructure applications related to public infrastructure maintenance works and minor works, including culvert replacements, utility installations, and minor roadway works.
- Discusses review comments with Senior Engineer for accuracy and consistency.
- Meets with planners and internal technical staff (ecologist, hydrogeologists, and geotechnical engineers) to collaborate comments.
- Attending internal and external meetings, site visits as required to discuss interests of the conservation authority (CA).
- Responds to information requests in support of development planning and EA planning applications by preparing, providing hydrologic and hydraulic modelling from TRCA watershed computer models. If follow up is required, the Technologist will interact with applicants or their consultants to answer questions related to modelling and assist applicants with information provided.
- Provides engineering support to Infrastructure and Restoration Division for the design of minor channel, erosion control restoration projects, as well as trail projects and water crossing sizing.
- Provides engineering support to the Flood Instructure and Hydrometrics group for the implementation of flood infrastructure assessments and stream gauge location assessments.
- Provides support to the Senior Water Resources Engineer and Engineer for the development of TRCA specific engineering guideline documents and standards.
- Maintain SWM Soft database, inputting new stormwater management facilities and updating existing facilities within database.
What will you need to succeed:
- Diploma or Degree in Water Resources, Environmental or Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology or related discipline
- Have the ability to obtain P.Eng, LET, CET, or C.Tech designation
- Valid Ontario Class G2 driver's license
- 3+ years of experience (could be co-op, summer or intern) related to water resources, environmental or civil engineering, engineering technology, project management, flood forecasting and warning or a related environmental field
Knowledge/Skill/Ability - Competencies
- Knowledge of engineering support software (GIS/CAD (ARC GIS, AutoCAD, Microstation) and hydrologic/hydraulic computer models (Visual OTTHYMO (VO), SWMM/PCSWMM, HEC-RAS; and experience in 2D modeling is an asset which includes MIKE FLOOD, HEC-RAS 2D)
- Demonstrated time management, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner.
- Able to comprehend documentation that is technical or scientific in nature, skilled in writing technical reports or manuals.
- Able to self-manage workload and prioritize tasks as an ongoing challenge in a frequently fluctuating workload and multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including online software such as MS teams, WebEx, and SharePoint; advanced MS Excel capabilities for analysis, data visualization.
What TRCA has to offer you:
As part of a progressive team you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact to preserving and protecting nature, while maintaining a balance between the natural environment and built environment. Working with experts within our field, you will join a team of colleagues that are committed to TRCA’s core values by demonstrating the following behaviours; integrity, collaboration, accountability, respect, and excellence (icare).
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive organization that:
- Makes a positive difference in the communities we serve.
- Fosters high performance and collaborative teams.
- Provides continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program (including Defined Benefit Pension Plan – OMERS/OTPP).
- Pregnancy & Parental Leave Top-Up Program.
- Provides unique TRCA Perks.
- Provides flexible work arrangements.
- Offers potential for career growth and advancement.
- Type de paie Salaire
- Indicateur d'emploi Permanent Full-Time
- Taux min. à l'embauche 74 620,00 $
- Taux max. à l'embauche 86 486,40 $
- Déplacement requis Non
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Head Office, 101 Exchange Avenue, Concord, Ontario, Canada