Are you looking for a career that offers challenging work, long-term growth potential and the chance to make a real difference?
Are you a detail-oriented news hound who wants to lead a winning team? Are you social media savvy and ready to implement your vision in a dynamic, exciting environment? If your answer is yes, then apply to be News Director in the BC Kootenay Region with Vista Radio.
- Develop a writing and air check schedule for all on-air news talent
- Establish a weekly one-on-one call with direct reports within the market(s)
- Liaise with the Director of News to ensure local news content is being fulfilled
- Provide news staff with story ideas (including streeters), coaching and mentoring on localizing large national/international stories.
- Establish scheduling for sick days, holiday coverage etc.
- Participate in the monthly Vista News Directors conference call
- Help maintain news presence written/video quotas on websites
- Responsible for sourcing and writing news stories for multiple markets as required.
- Edit and anchor news, sports and weather as assigned
- Utilize social media to build audience and contacts
- Being a positive leader in the building and assist in creating a winning team attitude
- Represent the station at community/station events
- Minimum 5 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience, news management experience considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong on-air delivery
- Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
- The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
- A valid driver's license
- Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
- Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Type de paie Salaire
- Nelson, BC, Canada