PERFORMANCE LEVEL DESIGNER
Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada Req #20
August 11, 2023
PERFORMANCE LEVEL DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: LEAD PERFORMANCE LEVEL DESIGNER
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for Performance moments in the game: from paper design, iteration, polish to debug;
- Responsible for Performance moments in the game: performance moments include narrative assets integration (dialogues, cinematics), scripted Events (on player, AI, animals), Exotic moments (walk and talk with AI companions, action driven fast sequences…);
- Responsible for Performance moments in the game: performance moments include narrative assets, animation, FX, sound and camera integration;
- Responsible of narrative structure integration: cinematics, mission structure, objectives…;
- Work in collaboration with the Animation, Art and Narrative teams to help refine the game’s experience and make performance moments more “unique” and reach a high level of realization’ quality;
- Work in collaboration with the Level Design·s of the related content, and with the Technical Direction to make sure the design and technical guidelines are respected.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- University or college diploma in game design, or equivalent training;
- + 3 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer or Event Scripter;
- Minimum of 1 published title as a Level Designer or Event Scripter;
- Good knowledge in scripting and AI (asset);
- Good knowledge of narrative driven games;
- Sensitivity to realization techniques (camera, pacing…);
- Experience using industry standard level editing tools, editors and pipelines;
- Knowledge of Unreal engine;
- Unreal: knowledge of Blueprint and Sequencer tools
- Bilingual (French and English).
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to exemplify one’s own ideas are essential;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent capability to give and receive advice;
- Skills in proactivity and continuous commitment to work with different departments (design, animation and tech);
- Ability to work in a team focused on continuous improvement;
- Ability to learn and share personal knowledge;
- Give and receive constructive criticism is expected.
WHY JOIN US?
- Flexible work schedule: Because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: Because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to group insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to group RRSP: We think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: To avoid a pleasant 24hrs in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: We recognize the work accomplished.
Come and create emotion with us!
- Job Family Design
- Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada