LEAD WORLD LEVEL DESIGNER
Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada Req #21
August 11, 2023
LEAD WORLD LEVEL DESIGNER
REPORTS TO: ASSOCIATE PRODUCER
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- In close collaboration with the Director team, oversee and supervise the design and implementation of the world and it's activities;
- Working closely with the director team, oversee and guide the design and implementation of the game's various villages and civilized areas, their non-playable character populations, and the various player interactions;
- In close collaboration with the director team, oversee and supervise the design and implementation of the various environmental story zones;
- In close collaboration with the director team, oversee and supervise the design and implementation of the various puzzles
- Work closely with the artistic, technical, and narrative teams to create high quality environmental storytelling activities and villages;
- Mentor the level design team, providing them with regular feedback and areas of improvement on their work, and their professional progress, organizing follow-up meetings and reviewing their performance;
- Support the production team and the test team, in order to prepare, follow and organize consumer test sessions for our world layouts, missions and villages;
- Work with the production team to establish the roadmap for each task required for the design of activities and villages;
- Communicate the progress of the design of activities and villages with the various game directors, in order to present the progress, obstacles, concerns, risks and their potential solutions;
- Monitor and assist in the development of the various tools required for the creation of activities and villages;
- Work collaboratively with the game design team, Game Director, Lead Chapters Level Designer and Lead Performance Level Designer to achieve the desired quality of execution and player experiences for each activity and village;
- Oversee the creation of activity and village documents and keep them up to date;
- Communicate progress, needs, blockers and relevant information to the departments involved in the design of activities and villages.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- + 6 years of experience in the video game industry as a Level Designer and/or Mission Designer;
- +2 years of experience as a Lead Level Designer and/or Mission Designer;
- Experience in the fundamentals of level and mission design and their constraints;
- Experience in mission design is required;
- Experience in managing and leading a team, with different professional levels (junior, intermediate, senior);
- Excellent communication skills and ability to illustrate one's own ideas are essential;
- Experience in scripting and rapid prototyping;
- Excellent technical knowledge of the different stages of production;
- Excellent knowledge of open world design and the technical challenges that go along with it;
- Bilingual (French and English).
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience working with Unreal is preferred.
WHY JOIN US?
- Flexible work schedule: Because unexpected events are part of life when you are sick or need personal days;
- Hybrid work: Because we have adapted to the new reality;
- Access to group insurance: To take care of yourself and your loved ones;
- Access to group RRSP: We think about your future;
- Access to a telemedicine service for the family: To avoid a pleasant 24hours in the emergency room;
- Bonus system: We recognize the work accomplished.
Come create emotion with us!
- Job Family Design
- Eidos-Montreal, 400 de Maisonneuve Ouest, Montréal, Quebec, Canada